Latest Camcorder in DXG Pro Gear™ Line Features 1080p HD Video Capture, 12X Optical Zoom, 10MP Still Images, Dual-Capture Recording, Eye-Fi Wireless SD Card Support, and Touch Screen Controls on a 3-inch LCD Display
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CALIF. – June 3, 2010 – DXG (www.dxgusa.com) today introduced its new DXG-A85V Pro Gear™ HD camcorder, making top of the line camcorder technology available to any video enthusiast. With impressive features such as 1080p HD video capture, 12X optical zoom, a 10 megapixel still camera, touch screen controls on a 3-inch LCD display and Eye-Fi Wireless SD card support, the DXG-A85V is sure to impress. Available now, the DXG-A85V retails for $319.99.
Professional Grade Camcorder Capabilities for a Fraction of the Cost
The top reported camcorder trends of 2010* include video products that are not only HD, but create Web-friendly files, use Flash format memory, are ultra-portable and have wireless capabilities. DXG created its Pro Gear line, first introduced in January with the DXG-A80V model, to meet growing consumer demands for products that provide advanced features, flexibility and easy control of recording and playback, at a price that won’t break the bank.
The DXG-A85V records in full 1080p HD and provides several filming options, such as high-speed sequential shots (snap up to 30 photos per second) and dual-capture mode to enable video recording and still image capture simultaneously. With the advanced option of recording in H.264 (MOV) or WVGA formats, the DXG-A85V lets users create video files that meet their needs of either quick uploads to sites like YouTube or crisp HD video playback on a HDTV. The AF Lock Function also gives more experienced users the ability to manually control and fine tune the focus on a subject.
Equipped with an instant-on feature, DXG-A85V users will never miss another video perfect moment. While the 3-inch LCD touch screen provides convenient access to the menu as well as focus control by simply tapping the desired focus area. Equipped with a built-in Gyro sensor for electronic image stabilizer and 12X optical zoom, you can also steadily film objects from a distance, while the option of recording at 60 frames-per-second is perfect for action moments.
“With our Pro Gear™ line, our goal is to deliver high-quality, feature-rich HD camcorders that compare to top of the line products on the market at a price that’s affordable for any video enthusiast,” said Paul Goldberg, senior vice president of sales and marketing at DXG USA. “With its unique blend of advanced recording options, very easy to use controls, and dual-application support of uploading to either the Internet or burn and playback on a big screen HDTV, the DXG-A85V is truly two camcorders for the price of one.”
- Availability: www.dxgusa.com, Walmart.com, Amazon.com, Walgreens.com and AAFES.com (Armed Forces Exchange Services)
- Price: $319.99
- Dimensions: 4.92” (L) x 2.52” (W) x 2.52” (H)
- LCD: 3” Touch Screen Display
- Storage: Built in 128MB, SD slot for expandable memory up to 16GB Class 6
- Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080/30fps; 720p/60fps
- Still Photo: 10 megapixel
- Power Supply: Li-ion NP-120
- Zoom: 12X optical zoom/10X digital zoom
- Color Effects: Color, black and white, sepia
- Connections: HDMI for connecting to HDTV (HDMI cable included in box), AV for connecting to a Standard Definition TV, USB for connecting to PC or Mac
- Video Editing Software Included: Mr. Photo (photo editing), VideoWorks (standard definition video editing), ArcSoft TotalMedia HDcam (high definition video editing/ conversion to AVCHD for burning to DVD or Blu-ray disc) – $99 retail value
- Other Features: Electronic Image Stabilization, Eye-Fi Wireless Ready, Dual-Capture Mode, High-Speed Sequential Shooting Mode (30 photos per second), Digital Voice Recording, PC and Mac compatible, Self timer, LED flash, TV out (NTSC, PAL), USB 2.0, Optional remote control
*About.com – Top Camcorder Trends of 2010 – http://camcorders.about.com/b/2010/03/02/top-camcorder-trends-of-2010.htm